Drumstick Dash Recap
Just this past Thanksgiving, the Evansville Rescue Mission’s annual Drumstick Dash became the ERM’s largest fundraiser in just its second year.
So what is the Drumstick Dash?
It’s our annual run/walk that directly benefits our oldest direct service program for Tri-State families in need called the Gobbler Gathering.
There are two run/walk options to choose from–an 8K (just under 5 miles) and 1 mile route–where runners and walkers start and finish at the Rescue Mission’s headquarters (500 East Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713).
Here are some highlights from the Evansville Rescue Mission’s 2013 Drumstick Dash:
- Nearly 1,000 runners and walkers registered making the Drumstick Dash one of the top five largest running events in the Tri-State in just its second year
- Nearly 700 participants braved the cold weather to run or walk in the second running of the Drumstick Dash
- Participating children were able to chase our Drumstick Dash mascot, Butterball, in the Gobblet Run and won a children’s Drumstick Dash just for participating
- Folks were able to eat some good food at our post-race food court, which included homemade soup made by our Rescue Mission culinary team, Qdoba chips and salsa, locally-owned TJ’s Roasters coffee, bananas and assorted snacks
- Males and females finishing first through third within their respective age divisions took home a commemorative Drumstick Dash medal and a homemade pumpkin pie
- Drumstick Dash participants walked away with an official Brooks, dry-tech long-sleeve Drumstick Dash running shirt (valued at $40)
- The ERM was able to net more than $50,000 to go towards purchasing needed food items for our annual Thanksgiving food basket giveaway, the Gobbler Gathering (which took place three days after the Drumstick Dash
- To view photos from the 2013 Drumstick Dash, click here
- For overall 2013 Drumstick Dash race results, click here; for age division 2013 Drumstick Dash results, click here.
** Mark your calendar for the Evansville Rescue Mission’s third annual Drumstick Dash, which will take place on Saturday, November 22, 2014 and will start and finish at the ERM.
For more information about the Rescue Mission’s Drumstick Dash, contact Chris-Michael Morrison at 812.421.3800 or at email@example.com.
Move your feet so others can eat!
The Evansville Rescue Mission Drumstick Dash could not and would not have happened without the generous and faithful support of our sponsors. Check out our Drumstick Dash sponsors by clicking on each of our sponsor levels.